Monday 23 April 2007

Gutted

Out with the guys, trolling
I was so happy, glittering with hope
You caught me and I was yours
But I was scared and couldn't cope

I couldn't breath, you ignored me
But didn't let me have room to live
I loved you and you hurt me
You took everything but wouldn't give

My back bone gone and my life in ruin
You gleefully gutted me
Loving you had been my everything
And all I knew to be

And then you took the best parts of me
And prepared them over fire
You know you said you loved me
You God damn fucking lair

*Christine Sweeton: April 23, 2007

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*hands you a rose* oh sweetie.. I'm sorry boys are idiots.. I know how much that can hurt...

just remember, you're a smart, funny, and sexy little gypsy, and you deserve better :)

~Daniel

Amorina said...

You're awesome, hon, and i'm glad to see no longer numb...(does he read this?)

Christine Sweeton said...

Well the poem isn't about anyone. It is more about all the guys who have said they loved a girl and than hurt them, I just liked the tie to fishing and was playing with that as a metaphor (needs some work). In terms of weither he reads it, I think that both W and him check it on occation. My blog is read by the oddest assortment of people.

Anonymous said...

I sense a little anger towards the end, lol. That's good though, I can't wait to see you in less than a month! Have fun in Paris :) Think of me!

Teri