Sunday 22 April 2007

Brave Little Me

I spent some time today gardening. Now usually I like gardening about as much as I like children (which is very little), but I had been wanting to play in the dirt for a few weeks now so I figured planting things and general spring yard prep was a good excuse. Also my mom is around and she actually has garden know how. While splitting and transplanting some sort of something; I got a splinter. I'm a huge wimp when it comes to splinters and I kinda shrieked and pulled it out right away. I could tell by looking at it that I didn't get all of the wood out. I went in washed my hands and tried to squeeze, bite, scrape, and tweezer it out, it didn't work. It actually doesn't hurt, I finally went back outside and continued to work planting pansies and moving other such flower stuff. The splinter is still in my hand now, and I'm just getting used to it. I have embraced my more rugged side. Maybe soon I will even be a Nature Lover.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am growing some stuff in egg cartons in the living room to try and get it so the squirrels won't eat all my vegetable seeds prior to them growing like last year. :)