Saturday 16 December 2006

Pleasure

Now that my exams are over I can actually read fun books. Books that aren't hundreds of years old, amazing works of literary genius, or by great Canadian writers. I was running late for work today and knew that since I was closing I would need something to amuse myself with during the down time. Not wanting to bring my laptop, or buy a new magazine, I went looking for something good to read. My New Roommate is gone for the weekend with her boyfriend, The Boy Roommate, so I snuck into her room and borrowed a book. It was an interesting combination of single girl chick-lit and high school loser angst, an edgier Judy Blume. I just devoured it. I read all through my shift and then when I got home tonight, read it in bed. I just finished it and as you can see from the time stamp on this post it is quite late. I hope to wake up early enough tomorrow to pick up the sequel from the library in the morning before I go to work. Teri is also bringing my the newest Harry Potter to read over the break. Reading for pleasure, pure perfection.

No comments: