Saturday 4 November 2006

Great Funeral Prayer (Family Guy)

[Stewie and Brian are burying Brian's mother who was stuffed and used as a endtable by her owners after her death]
Brian Griffin: Say something.
Brian Griffin: I don't know just say something.
Stewie Griffin: Um And God said to Abraham, "you will kill your son Isaac". And Abraham said, "I'm sorry I couldn't quite hear that. You'll need to talk into the microphone". And God said, "Oh is this better? Hey Jerry up the reverb because I'm getting a lot of hissing up here".
Brian Griffin: Say something about my mother.
Stewie Griffin: Oh all right. Um I never knew Biscuit as a dog. I only knew her as a table. She was sturdy, all four legs the same length...
Brian Griffin: Thanks, thanks that's enough.
Stewie Griffin: Ah yes. Requiem and tarapax and so forth, amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Correction:

Brian Griffin: [Brian and Stewie are burying Brian's mother who has been stuffed] Say something.
Stewie Griffin: What?
Brian Griffin: Just say something, please!
Stewie Griffin: Oh for god's sake. Uhm... yea and God said to Abraham; "You will kill your son Isaac." And Abraham said, "I can't hear You, you'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said, "I'm sorry, is this better? Check check... check. Jerry, pull the high end out, I'm still getting some hiss back here."
Brian Griffin: Say something about my mother!
Stewie Griffin: Oh. Uh... I never knew Biscuit as a dog, but I did know her as a table. She was sturdy, all four legs the same length...
Brian Griffin: Thanks, thanks that's enough.
Stewie Griffin: Ah yes. Requiem and tarapax and so forth, amen.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0576962/quotes

cardinal_1962 said...

Requiem in terra pax. Requiem in pace = rest in peace. In terra pax = peace on earth. Perhaps a reference to being in earth, as in buried.