Thursday 2 November 2006

The Break Up Card

I feel this concept needs to be better defined, and the rules written out. A Break Up Card can be used to get your friends to pretty much do what ever you want, go where ever you want, talk whenever you want, deal with late night phone calls, take you on trips for distraction etc. The line "I just went through a break up" just needs to be said, otherwise known as "Pulling The Break Up Card". Any time it is used the only rule is it shouldn't financially cost the friend much money. It last for:
1 Week - A peaceful break up, either mutual or self induced
2 Weeks - An upsetting break up, usually being dumped
4 Weeks- If being cheating on is a factor at all
(My card ran out today, W. and I got our 1 Week. This doesn't mean you are over the person or relationship at all, just my friends are no longer at my beck and call.)

2 comments:

Amorina said...

i would actually change (week) to (month) because a) thats how long my patience lasts generally (unless it was a super shit or super good breakup) and b) because thats how long i want people there for me:P
Hugs, you're doing amazing, and you're going to be so happy.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Ami here; you're doing great with the whole thing. I am around if you need some general weirdness to distract you.

Em