Sunday 20 August 2006

Off Kilter

I have only been back in town for less then 10 hours, but something feels weird. The world of my life in the city seems to have shifted on its axis. I arrived at W.'s at 5:00, so there would be time for a quick shower and e-mail check before work at 6:00, also that is where my uniform was. Although his bike was on the porch and his computer screen was on, W. wasn't home and I have been really looking forward to seeing him. I called his cell and he is across three provinces visiting his brother for his birthday. (I'm sure he did tell me this, but it had slipped my mind.) I quickly caught up on Ami's blog and got all irrationally jealous and confused by who she went to Oz with this week. Work was dreadful and The Owner was much more negative, annoying, criticizing, and mean then I remember. All my friends seem to be behaving weird with me, not in a bad or good way just differently in some miniscule way. People say they can feel when there is a full moon, well it feels like there was one all week while I was gone and now I'm returning to everything being a tiny bit screwed up and I don't quite fit in anywhere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel..
I always get like this whenever I have been away for a while. But don't worry, everything will feel normal again in a few days!! School starts soon, and no more Second Cup!!

Amorina said...

It was a new moon, which can sometimes be as weird. You were probably noticing people reacting to your newfound happiness and relaxation, which you yourself are not aware of because it's built up slow. as soon as you are as depressed as the rest of the world, you'll be fine. :P