Wednesday 21 June 2006

The Highroad

In about an hour I have to talk to my Manager. I'm really scared/worried. We have been having tension and conflict for over a month now and all I have done is shrink away, talk to the Owner, and whine to the staff. This has lead to the Manager and I never being scheduled together, which leaves me with terrible hours. I don't know what to say or how to say it or whether this conversation will actually improve anything. I know though that talking to him about how we work together is the mature and professional thing to do. He has been actually complaining about me to the other staff, this is awful, though I do it too so what can I say. I'm so terrified and worried that after we talk I will be too upset to work well for the rest of my shift tonight (3-8). One of the things I always like about myself is that I'm not afraid of social conflict and I can embrace these hard situations. Well I guess I am afraid so now all that is left is to embrace it. Here I go...Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

Em