Saturday 10 October 2020

RTW - Ferry Ride!

 RTW - Big drive out west from Toronto to Calgary/Banff/Edmonton and back. Covid means no flying or cutting through the USA, so Jason and I are taking the car and doing a road trip!

Date: Saturday Oct 10, 2020
Starting Location: Jason's Parents
Ending Location: Catfish Lake, near Wawa
Distance Driven: 712 km
Scenery: Water, short trees, lakes, and large hills past Sault Ste Maire
Animals: A lot of agriculture - fields of cows, some with horses and occasionally sheep.
Soundtrack: Local radio stations, really local.
Notes: We took the Chi-Cheemaun, a big car ferry that goes from Tobermory at the top of the Bruce Peninsula, to Manitoulin Island, which is the world's largest freshwater island. I took this ferry once before with my family (I think in the opposite direction) and it has been the only time I have ever been motion sick, I remember being very very ill. Was fine this time though (and on any other ferry I have taken, which by now has been a lot.) The coolest part of the Chi-Cheemaun was definitely the car part, besides that it was a pretty normal ferry ride. You can see in the photo that the bow is hinged and lifted up so that we can drink into the hull area to park. We had to be there really early and it took up most of the morning. The Fall colours are beautiful!!

No comments: