Wednesday 21 October 2020

Avery And Maya

We did not get to see my brother and his family for long enough - the trouble with driving is that it takes so long to get out to Alberta (and so long to get back) that is doesn't leave much time for actually visiting. The kids were awesome and hilarious, I can't believe we haven't seen them since Palm Springs this past November. Here is my favourite quote from this visit...

Avery: Maya hates me.
Me: No, that can't be true. You're her brother, she loves you.
Avery: Uh-uh, she doesn't like me.
Maya: I like you!
Avery: No, Maya wouldn't like me if I ate her.
Me: Umm, I guess that is true?
Maya: Yeah, if Avery eats me, I will kill him.
Jason: confused I don't think you can kill him if he has eaten you.
Me: confused that Jason is trying to add logic into any of this

No comments: