Monday 9 March 2020

Online Learning

I am working towards my Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, since I have noticed this qualification showing up more and more in the public service jobs I am applying for.

Requirements for PMP Certification:
- Four-year degree (CHECK)
- Three years leading projects (CHECK)
- 35 hours of project management training (Exam Prep Course)
- Write a 4-hour, 200 question exam (See above)

I am starting my prep course today and have no idea what to expect. I have been planning projects for over 10 years but this makes everything look so formal and standardized. I want to write the exam before they change the format in July so hopefully it isn't too difficult to learn everything quickly. My course is from 10am to 2pm weekdays, for 8 days. I am doing it online because it cost a quarter of the price of heading into a classroom. I did some training last month in a digital meeting space and it was fine. I love learning and am pretty excited to see what this is all about!

No comments: