Monday 1 October 2018

It's Been A Long Time

I have been meaning to get back to posting on Always Standing for a while now. And I have known that I wanted my first post after this break to link to the Aaliyah (featuring Timbaland) song from 2000, Try Again. This is for the beginning section that says... It's been a long time, we shouldn't have left you (without a dope beat to step to, step to.) Well, maybe I shouldn't compare the writing on this blog to a 'dope beat' but the phrase 'it's been a long time' always brings to mind that song.

Also, it really has been a long time! My last post was at the end of May and I am now returning after four months. I looked through the archive and I have never even missed one month, let alone a streak. But I am back! Do I bother promising that I plan to post more or even try for everyday?

2 comments:

Sweeton said...

Woohoo (which reminds me of a "how I met your mother episode) glad to see you back. No point in making those promises, they are too hard to keep as the blog doesn't take priority over life. Then the possibility of guilt creeps in (or feelings of failure) hey, it's a blog!!

Anonymous said...

Yay I'm glad you're back! I've been checking every now and then and disappointed every time I see that May post at the top.

Love, Teri