Sunday 19 February 2017

Beach Tic-Tac-Toe

When we rented a cottage at Ipperwash Beach when I was young, we would go for daily walks as a family (unless it rained.) To keep me occupied we played Tic-Tac-Toe. I would run ahead, find a stick, and draw the board - if I finished in time for Mom or Dad to pass by than one of them would play the game with me. It was a tricky balance to run far enough ahead to have time to find a stick and draw - they would walk passed if I hadn't finished by the time they caught up to me. Yesterday I taught this game to L at The Cottage...

Front: Jason holding hands with E
Middle: Mark walks with I
Background: Me playing Tic-Tac-Toe with L
Long Point Beach - February 2017 - Photo by Meg

1 comment:

Sweeton said...

Oh, I remember that. Thanks for reminding me. Nice to see there is still ice at the edge of the lake as it protects the beach from erosion.