Sunday 11 December 2016

The Taste Of Grapes

Sunday Mornin' Coming Down - A post about my Dad each Sunday, named after a song that he loved.

When my dad had his hip replacement surgery I sent him an Edible Arrangement, a pretty bouquet made of cut fruit. I remember talking to him on the phone a couple of weeks into his recovery and he said that when he was finally able to eat something, since the pain medication made him very nauseous, he started with the grapes from the arrangement. He was so thankful for those grapes and talked about how sweet and refreshing they were.

Teri, Monica, Maria, Matty, and K sent me an Edible Arrangement yesterday and I had the grapes right away. My dad was right, they were awesome; so cool and juicy, a great thing to have when you start eating after surgery.

No comments: