Sunday 15 February 2015

Taped On Beta

Sunday Mornin' Coming Down - A post about my Dad each Sunday, named after a song that he loved.

I have talked about Beta a few times on Always Standing before, I have discussed it in 2009, and even mentioned it when I gave the speech at my Dad's funeral. One of the things that I remember watching was a taped copy of a SNL 15th Anniversary Special from 1989. We watched it so often. However, a lot of it were clips, which then Mom and Dad had to explain the context of.

Here is a hilarious segment from a Point/Counter-Point SNL sketch from 1979:
Jane Curtin: Dan, there's an old saying: "Behind every successful man there's a woman." A loving, giving, caring woman. But you wouldn't know about that, Dan, because there's no old saying about what's behind a miserable failure.
Dan Aykroyd: Jane, you ignorant slut!

Tonight the was the Saturday Night Live 40th Anniversary Special, SO FUNNY!!! I think Dad would have really liked it.

2 comments:

Sweeton said...

Oh, he would have loved it and remembered most of the old skits.

Anonymous said...

I always felt like a kid in a candy shop every time we were picking out a movie to watch from your dads beta collection of taped movies!

Love,
Teri