- There is a bedroom on the main floor
- All main floor doors are extra wide
- Main floor bathroom has a walk-in shower
- Laundry is on the main floor
- The main floor toilet is extra tall and in a configuration that it has walls on both sides to that, if needed, could have have safety bars installed
I mentioned this at work and was informed that it is usually called Aging In Place, which sounds much better. In Canada, it is actually called Aging At Home, and means, "the ability to live in one's own home and community safely, independently, and comfortably, regardless of age, income, or ability level."