Sunday 28 September 2014

Where I Get It From - Niagara Edition

Sunday Mornin' Coming Down - A post about my Dad each Sunday, named after a song that he loved.

I spent the weekend at Niagara with friends and it reminded me a lot of times spent there as a kid. So, I thought I might add in a subcategory to my Sunday Mornin' Coming Down posts - Where I Get It From. I am going to try to outline which parts of my self I get from which parent. Here are the things that I was thinking about during my little weekend away:

Love of Buffets: My Dad
Not Wanting To Spend Money: My Dad
Reading Every Plaque Possible: My Mom
Dancing All Night: Both Parents
Confidence to Get Up and Sing Karaoke: Probably My Dad
Tone Deaf Singing: My Mom
Absolutely No Desire To Gamble: Both Parents
Dislike of Wine: My Dad
Eagerness to See and Try Anything/Everything: Both Parents
Love of Driving Along/Around Tourist Areas: My Dad

Side note, I have no idea where I get my love of maps, but I really am obsessed with them. I can work from a phone with GPS but I would really prefer to have a nice paper map.

1 comment:

Sweeton said...

Maps are from me. Your Dad loved playing with the gps, there are 2 different ones on the tablet. He downloaded them both and used them both, unable to decide which he preferred. I have yet to learn to use either.
Mum