Sunday 7 September 2014

Vintage Dad

Sunday Mornin' Coming Down - A post about my Dad each Sunday, named after a song that he loved.

This is at Ipperwash Beach, where we used to go before we bought The Cottage. I can't tell my age, but I think I am older than 3 months, so this must be in 1985, shortly after I turned one. I am wearing my grandmother's crazy sunhat and have sand all over my mouth. (I wasn't a big sand eater - Mike was way worse.) I am also holding a book, which is pretty awesome. But, enough about me...

This is hilariously awesome vintage Dad; I can barely remember when he had his mustache. I like that he is just standing there looking bored - nothing to really do and no one to talk to at that particular moment. Also, he is just chilling out in an old-school life jacket, which we may still have - I definitely remember it. (We took the Laser up to Ipperwash every year.) What is interesting to point out is that he is around my age in this shot, would have just turned 31.

Sand Everywhere
Chris and George
Ipperwash, 1985

1 comment:

Sweeton said...

Yep, I believe that life jacket is in the basement, bought out when people use the kayaks. He loved Ipperwash because he usually wasn't bored - lots of people, lots of things to do and lots of sailing.
Mum