Wednesday 3 September 2014

My Ice Bucket Challenge

It has been buzzing around the internet all summer, so I knew that it was only a matter of time before The Ice Bucket Challenge made it to my group of friends.
Rob did it over the weekend and nominated Jason. Jason did it last night and nominated me. So, I did it tonight....
I wanted to 'spread the love' (where love means funding) a bit so have made 3 separate donations.
- In honour of the Ice Bucket Challenge tradition and because ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) is a horrific disease, I have made a donation through ALS Canada.
- I think I would have nominated my dad. In donating to The Heart & Stroke Foundation of Canada, I hope that one day easier/earlier ways to indicate heart disease will give a few more years to dads and their daughters.
- I donated to the Canadian Mental Health Association, Ontario Division because of my own struggles with depression and the annoying stigma it still carries.
I pass the challenge onto Teri, Kristen, as well as, Steph and Dave. I look forward to their photos/videos and seeing what charities they choose.

No comments: