Sunday 16 March 2014

My Father's Bladder

Sunday Mornin' Coming Down - A post about my Dad each Sunday, named after a song that he loved.

I inherited a lot of great things from my father - he gave me some good genes. I have long, dark, eyelashes and my hair is soft. I love talking to people and have a great memory. However, he also passed down some negative qualities - including weak ankles and a difficult bladder.

My dad was a night hawk and often went to bed very late. He also enjoyed sleeping in (this is a trait with both my parents and my brother too.) However, he would always be up around 6am to 7am every morning to use the bathroom. For the past six months this has also been an issue for me. The frequency has increased to the point that I would say I am up early 95% of the mornings this past month or so. Strangely it also makes me think of him each time, as I go stumbling around in the dark to go pee and then return to doze some more in bed.

On a related note for the past two years or so I have been dealing with more than a bit of an incontinence problem, which I really need to talk to my doctor about next time I am in. I don't think it is genetic, but it is a pain to deal with. There aren't any enjoyable bladder issues to deal with, but at least the strange clock-work morning-pee thing that I got from my dad isn't too much of a hassle.

1 comment:

Sweeton said...

your too young to be having these kinds of problems, please see your dr soon.37