Sunday 9 March 2014

My Dad's Songs, Down In New Orleans

Sunday Mornin' Coming Down - A post about my Dad each Sunday, named after a song that he loved.

Last night on Bourbon Street, in New Orleans, was amazing. There was a lot of drinking, as you may have gathered from my previous late-night drunk post. But what is more awesome about Bourbon Street is all the music, this whole city is filled with people making music, all different types: in bars, on the street, in the squares, and everywhere. My dad would love it, and so often I hear songs that remind me of him.

The most important song of our trip has been House of the Rising Sun by The Animals. K arranged the entire Bachalorette to revolve around the lyrics to the song, it was so cool (and all the activities were a lot of fun, we had a great day.)

There is a house in New Orleans 
They call the Rising Sun 
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy 
And God I know I'm one

But we have heard so many other songs that remind me of my dad too. It is nice that he introduced me to so much great music but also that the music ends up being connected to such a wide range of memories and situations.

No comments: