Tuesday 18 March 2014

Better Read Than I Thought

I am a terrible English Major, and I really am not nearly as well read as I should, or would like to, be. I found the recent link BBC Believes You Only Read 6 Of These Books and did the test. I guess the average for people is 6, however I got 41 out of the 100 listed. I did it truthfully too! I have fully read, start to finish, 41 of those books. Because I have studied, and written, about a number of books I wouldn't consider myself to have actually read it is hard to do these lists. I can probably stretch the number up to 59 - for example I have studied Moby Dick at least 3 times in university and included it as part of a major essay. However, I relied on Spark Notes every time. I have only skimmed Lord of the Rings and of course seen the movies. Etc. Now be honest, how did you do?

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I read 28 -- in your face BBC.

Sweeton said...

I have read 36 but many were required reading in High School. I was very happy to see Charlotte's Web on there, what a great book.
Carol

Anonymous said...

I have read 18 for sure. There are a handful that I can't remember if I've read or just seen the movie. Haha if I did read them it would have been as a kid.

Love,
Teri

Erin said...

I got a measly 13! I guess I should probably start reading the books on my shelf.

Unknown said...

I got 48! I read a lot as a kid... that plus uni makes a lot of books.