Wednesday 5 February 2014

ERin Is Still Amazing

Mid-Week Friend Update - A Wednesday feature that provides a small update on what is happening with the incredible people that I have in my life.

The funny thing about ERin is that she doesn't really like board games. Actually, her husband does but she is not very keen on them. My friends are all very different and it would be hard to find a common thread that runs throughout them all, but if I had to my first instinct would be that they are all 'game' people. However, ERin is not and she is a great friend who I am thrilled to have as part of my life. So, I will have to keep looking for the common thread. The reason I mention ERin's small aversion to board games is that she gave me an incredible one a few years ago. Well, a quick update on ERin would be that her hilariously random but oddly perfect gift giving ability is still strong.

Today, I came home to a huge box. (Yesterday, there had been notice that people had attempted a delivery but no one had been home. I was happy that Jason had a snow day to get it.) Inside was a bouquet of 12 stuffed kittens! There are 4 grey ones, 4 white ones and 4 little ginger ones like Two. They are arranged on sticks, but you can easily pull them off of the sticks, I haven't yet because I just love the strangeness of having them in bouquet formation and wrapping.

It makes me long for a cubicle a little bit so that I can line them all up along the back of my desk. (Maybe at my next job.) I am going to turn some into cat-toys for Two. In her note, ERin said it was a Valentine's Day present for all of us but that Two and I would like it more than Jason. I think Jason is confused by it but I feel I should share with Two. However, I also don't want to take it apart - it is just so amusing.

So, much thanks to ERin for making me smile and brightening my day! I love her sense of humour and have always been impressed with how well she combines being so kind with also being funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha cute idea!

- Teri