Sunday 12 January 2014

The Last Texts From My Dad

Sunday Mornin' Coming Down - A post about my Dad each Sunday, named after a song that he loved.

Dad was never very good with cell phones and he never got the hang of texting. His phone didn't have a full keyboard so that did make it more difficult. I need to delete a bunch of cell phone conversations and pictures from my own cell, since it is old and doesn't have much storage space. I thought I would put the last texts I got from him up on Always Standing so that I keep a copy. These were sent in October (about a month before he died.) I think it was during the time him and Mom came to Toronto to help Jason and I paint our bedroom. I worked during the day.

Punctuation, spacing, etc. remains intact.
Me: Can you come get me.? Text me when you get here.
Dad: Ok leave in     ten mins. Dad
Dad: Gmm
Dad: Gmm

2 comments:

Jason said...

I worked from home for one of those days. He just couldn't stop doing things around the house even after he finished his painting. He did the laundry, and at one point brought my a glass of water completely unprompted.

Anonymous said...

Sounds exactly like your Dad (the texts and Jason's comment)

Love,
Teri