Tuesday 7 January 2014

Chilled By The Wind

In true Canadian fashion, I am going to talk about the weather. My social media has been filled with pictures and comments about the crazy snow and ice in Southern Ontario for the past few days. Even though I was talking about how cold it is here less than a month ago, I thought I would post this report from The Weather Network:
There is also a Wind Chill Alert that has been issued by Environment Canada:
Extreme wind chills from minus 30 to minus 40 today and tonight. Frigid and strong westerly winds are producing widespread dangerous wind chills of minus 30 to minus 40 today and tonight. Extreme caution is advised for people heading outdoors. Exposed skin may freeze in less than 5 minutes. Moreover, it is also suggested to help prevent freezing of pipes in buildings, one could turn on the lowest tap in the house and let it run as a pencil-thin stream or fast drip while keeping indoor temperatures a little warmer at night. Wind chills will improve slowly on Wednesday as temperatures rise slowly and winds finally begin to ease.

1 comment:

Jannedals said...

sooooo I'm pretty sure I've acclimatized to Stockholm and it SUCKS! Stupid gulf stream! It's not supposed to be this warm! Hello we're at almost 60 degrees north!!!!! This winter has been so stupid we have barely even got snow. It snowed once in early December which lasted two days, and it only FINALLY snowed again yesterday!! WTF. I need to get my toboganing on. You know what the Swedes do? I mean, we're in the middle of the city remember. They are all CROSS COUNTRY SKIING. Parents take their little kids out and help them learn, couples go together, the regulars have been "skiing" on roller-skis for months already and you can tell how happy they are to have the real stuff. Anyways. I think I'd die if I went back to Canada in the middle of the winter now. Which is embarrassing. EMBARRASSING.