Tuesday 5 November 2013

Foiled By Ford

I had every intention of going to the basement at work and running for a bit on the treadmill. I joined this really nice gym that is just steps away from my office and I have gotten into quite a good routine of going at lunch, working out for 20 to 30 minutes and then having a shower before heading up to work for the afternoon. It has been really helpful for my mood and I can tell that it is slowly giving more energy.

Well, today, just as I was standing up to head out - Rob Ford, the Mayor of Toronto, admitted to smoking crack. I have been following this story from the start. Even before all the crazy drama I follow city politics and policy quite closely because it has a direct connection to my daily work. So, the gym will not be happening this lunch hour as I spend the time reading up on this latest update. Man, this city is crazy sometimes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't help following the Rob Ford drama either! It's addictive (no pun intended, hehe)... it's like watching a train wreck.

Love T

Sweeton said...

Must have been a poor news day. He made lead story on BBC and the US stations too. Cant get away from it even here.
mum

Anonymous said...

I love watching the coverage on the American networks. One reporter on CNN with Anderson Cooper started with "Canada: boring no longer"
hahaha, I'd rather be boring than have all the issues they've got in the US.

Love,
Teri