Friday 16 August 2013

Thanks Gmail

I don't think I will be switching to Gmail anytime soon. I just got a Gmail account to help organize the food for WOTS and the company that I am working with uses it. Well, it has a really annoying feature: I sent out a message to a group but all the replies get funneled into one continuous inbox response. Gmail calls this Conversation View: (sets whether emails of the same topic are grouped together). I fear that I will miss emails because I consider each response its own discussion but they might get trapped in this gathered way of viewing things. For a long time there was no way to turn it off manually and the response given by Goggle when asked was, "Conversation Threading is the heart of Gmail" which is just a terrible reply. Luckily they finally realized that some people didn't really like it so you can now ungroup your messages in the Settings. However, it took a while for me to find out how to turn it off. I am much less scared of missing an email now, but I am also a lot less impressed with Gmail.

No comments: