Saturday 18 May 2013

The Birthday/Summer Cold

It is 5:20am on a Saturday morning. I am up. The cold medicine I took last night allowed for just over 4 hours of sleep. That respite took what was a sore throat and slight cough and compounded it. During my small amount of sleep, the green and yellow phlegm demons inside of me gathered and in their forced repression - increased. I awoke to a deeper, harsher cough and a runny nose. Now, as I lie on my back trying to will my stiff and sore mind and body back to sleep, everything gathers into a twisting ball of mush in my throat - it tastes disgusting. So I am awake, and not happy about it, and definitely dealing with a 'start of the summer cold' that arrived in time for the first long weekend.

2 comments:

Sweeton said...

Yuck, hope you got back to sleep and feel better soon

Anonymous said...

Perfect timing, cold! I've noticed a lot of people sick this week at school. Hope you made it back to sleep.

Teri