Tuesday 10 April 2012

Wow! Go Toronto!

Under the Travel Section of the National Geographic website is a section of Top 10s. These range across the board, listing things like best beaches, caves, and picnic locations. I saw on Twitter today that Toronto received the highest honours in a recent compilation of the Top 10 Food Markets. Toronto may appear in other lists too, I haven't had time to look through them. (Though I do plan too because I am itching to travel and websites like this are fun to browse.)

St. Lawrence, Toronto, Canada
This farmers market emporium has operated since 1803, when it cohabited with Toronto’s city hall. Redeveloped between the 1970s and 1990s after long neglect, the area’s mix of homes and businesses showcases urban regeneration. More than 120 retailers dispense everything from seafood to coffee.
Planning: The market is in Toronto’s old town; Saturday is market day.

Sadly, I haven't really been! I tend to go on Sunday when it is closed and always end up looking through the antique market that sets up nearby.

No comments: