Tuesday 8 November 2011

Other People Write My Thoughts

JennB really should start her own blog - though as a public servant and a very private person it probably wouldn't work very well. However, she is often sending me awesome things to post. If she isn't going to blog than I hope she is writing a lot, she is a significantly better writer than I am. I know this because she edits my work and understands things about the English language that still boggle my mind - even after she explains them for the third or fourth time I still don't understand. Also, we have tossed around the idea of writing a novel together a few times, and her ideas are stellar. I still really love this plan, mainly because I think it would let me get rich and famous on her coat tails.

JennB obviously reads Always Standing so is really good and identifying things that I would want to share or discuss. Her latest offering is from Hyperbole and a Half and is both sadly true and absolutely hilarious at the same time. "Adventures in Depression." The few drawings with the little character lying on a couch are my favourite. The quotes that accompany those hit home - hard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, what a great post. Made a non depressed person want to cry and to send it to everyone who just doesn't get depression and belives that you can just snap out of it or will yourself out of it.
Mum

Anonymous said...

I love that you just used the word "stellar." What a fantastic, underused word. It should make a comeback for sure.

Love T