Friday 21 October 2011

The Bad Side Of Photoshop

I love photoshop. I love using it and I love when I model for Steph and she uses it. But, I can see the downside. Despite being very familiar with the tool, I forget about. I look at pictures and think they are real. We must never forget that everything in magazines, and advertising in general, has been altered.

Check out this:
The Girls of Mad Men - Rolling Stone Cover
Dianna Agron of Glee - Cosmo Cover

Jezabel is an interesting newsite/blog tagged "Celebrity, sex, and fashion for women" and "Celebrity, sex, and fashion...without airbrushing." Whenever I run across it I find whatever I'm reading quite amazing. I should definitely visit the site more often. They have a photoshop tag, which links to all their photoshop related stories:
Jezabel - Photoshop of Horrors Stories

2 comments:

R. said...

What I find somewhat sad is the progressive loss of documental value that photography has lost in the process.

Erin said...

After reading this post I looked at the cover of one of my magazines, and everything about it is off a little, the woman's eyes are huge!