Friday 9 September 2011

"my blog contradicts"

From Tube Sock Army by Kim Duff.
The following was originally published by LINEbooks, Burnaby, BC.
Copyright 2008 Kim Duff.


my cultural production


today:
processing produced culture.
purchase

my local politik
is in the digital massification of


this is also a love poem:
a romantic notion of
globality
mired in the move sequence
distance.

IM's and comments
posted on my pages
my profiles
locally produced
globally disseminated

the mailer daemon sent me a message
to tell me my message was undeliverable


I am writing this email
to tell you that today I became postmodern
in a postgeographical sense


because there are no maps
for these territories

my blog contradicts what
my myspace profile
suggests.

dispersed identity
I am not to you what I am to them
identity
makeshift and posted
ephemerally temporal

post-spatial?

I thieved these ideas
from the emissary of time.
a sickness called nostalgia

we logged in
and timed out
mediated
your cultural production
budged in line
and took the last moment:

wedged in at
the moment of blame
working out connections
at the crux of biography and production

the claustrophobia
of urban capitalists
pushes us further

desires for need.


trappings trapped
in an architectural scale of time
we exist in the riffing off
of Banana Republic khakis and
coffee.

coffee and khakis.

the ceiling of online banks
pushes my banking needs
into a nighttime obsession
checking balances against
checks bouncing
a metronome of debts
we flow in
whisper

your password softly

No comments: