Monday 22 August 2011

A Sad Day For Canada

It was announced this morning that Jack Layton has died. We have lost a great political mind today. And I am sad that there is one less Canadian silver fox, quickly becoming an endangered species. I'm glad that he brought such hope, vision, and victory to the NDP and it is so tragic that he will no longer be there to lead them as the Official Opposition. I saw him three times when I lived in Ottawa (two of which he was biking) and I was always so excited. It is a very sad day indeed. RIP Jack and condolences to your family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh so you did see this already. I was sad and upset when I found out this morning. Such a great guy and so young (i.e., same age as my parents).

Thoughts and condolences to Olivia and his family.

Teri

Anonymous said...

So sad! And I knew you would be upset about this. I liked him as much as I could like any politician.
Mum

Unknown said...

I was so sad when I found out today! I met him once, and he was so great!