Saturday 13 August 2011

Bugs And Bad Internet

I know I complain about the internet every single time I come to the cottage. It takes me forever to get on it and then all I do once I'm finally connected is check a few things, look at emails, and write a quick post about how horrible the internet is here.

However, this is the worst so far!! It is 1:15am and I am out back (non-beach-side) with my laptop plugged into the outside outlet sitting in a lawn chair as far as the cord can reach, which is the very end of the slab of concrete that is the back porch. Seriously I needed the extra three feet that this gives me past the back of the actual cottage so as to get signal to send an important email. Sure it is lovely with the crickets and sounds of waves. However, it is dark, the back light is dim, I'm tired, and totally getting eaten alive by bugs!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your sacrafice.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my life Chris....

Love, T

Justin said...

Maybe you can get some kind of portable internet connection... some ISPs offer services which use cell phone networks (or possibly even satellite connections) to generate an internet connection.