Saturday 26 March 2011

Phase 1

I'm back on the diet. It is good; it worked last time and I'm sure it will work again. Over the years of trying various diets this is the only one that has ever really done anything. The main problem with it though is that it takes all the joy out of eating and food becomes almost a chore. It takes me a long time to eat because food becomes nothing to me, just fuel. It isn't that I don't like the food I need to eat it is more that I don't particularly enjoy it. I need more things in my life that make me happy and the choice to get back on the diet is robbing me of one of those things. I have to remember a quote from a friend, "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels." (I don't know how true that is but it is worth another go at this.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would argue that chocolate tastes better than feeling thin. But that is coming from a die-hard emotional eater.

Love T