Wednesday 30 March 2011

The Most Supportive Person Ever

"You just have an assortment of disabilities starting with clinical depression and ADD, along with nice selection of learning disabilities, all of which you try to manage with a cocktail of medication."
-How my mother suggests I explain my issues to people

She is honestly though the most supportive person ever, which sadly still gets proven time and time again. Toronto has seen probably my longest bout of depression ever and strangely, as this was recently pointed out, my most hidden. So I think I'm at the point of talking and telling if asked but I'm not yet forthcoming about it like I have been in the past. It is sad that I have gone so underground with this - I used to be the poster girl for depression. (Not literally, though I would be willing, ANTM has taught me well.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

America's Next Top Clinically Depressed? I think we could still watch that show with brownies and ice cream....
Seriously though Chris, you have a wonderful support network to lean on if you ever need us. You could be the poster child for many things (Procrastination and long story telling topping the list)... but I think you're everyone's example for inner strength and perseverance.

Love T

JennB said...

Not to compare you to Oliver, but your mom also had a wonderful way of describing him! "Sometimes he reacts inappropriately." but there was also something awesome before that that I can't remember at the moment. You have a great mom! And friends you are all here for you too.