Tuesday 22 February 2011

Aransas County Public Library

I true taste of Texas, there is a sign on the door for the library that firearms are not allowed inside. (The picture is of a handgun too.) I'm glad that you can't bring weapons into the public library, remember the pen is mightier than the sword, so the book must be stronger than a gun.

Another thing, that actually made me sad, was that I overheard the librarian having a conversation with an old retired man who was using one of the computers. He told her that he wanted to add her to Facebook and she said in order to "keep marital peace" she wouldn't accept it since she doesn't have any men as Facebook friends. Later on I overheard her talking to someone else and she mentioned that she had her Masters, which she got at the Texas Women's Collage. God forbid there be any mixing of the genders here.

No comments: