Thursday 6 January 2011

Foggy Thoughts

In keeping with tradition, I am going to write a brief point-form summary of my recent trip to New Orleans. So in no particular order...

Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Dates: December 31st, 2010 until January 4th, 2011

-No last call, no limits to the amounts of alcohol in a drink, can purchase and drink on the street, these lax liquor laws are insane
-Touched a sting ray at the aquarium
-Great ratio but I still managed to fail in the guy department
-Kept a quote book that is filled with hilarious comments
-Saw only two people throw-up and one fight, so impressive with that many people, most of them being guys, and that much drinking
-By the second day my stomach muscles ached from laughing so much
-Found a huge (2 inch body) beetle in our hotel room the first night, were unable to get rid of it until the second, named it Fernando
-Got my tarot cards read
-I made it home one night because someone wrote our address on a napkin
-Will admit to getting some of my beads the legitimate way, however other members of the group only smiled and waved, ironically they ended up with more than me
-Amazing architecture
-Do not pick up mardi-gras beads off the ground, even if they have just fallen
-Raw oysters are just as wonderful as I remember
-Had to cab back to the hotel every night because we had been told by more than one person not to walk in that area after dark
-Visited a small VooDoo Museum which was interesting and not at all scary
-A lot of football stuff going on and I became a temporary Arkansas Razorbacks fan after we learnt their cheer
-Watched hilarious acrobatic street performers who made racist jokes
-I bought a drink at a mall and JennB got a beer at the IMAX
-Had wonderful weather, though at times it was a bit cold, even though the forecast had been bad
-Spent one day in bed with a hangover and have spent two days back in Canada recovering as well
-Heard it cost $5000 to rent a balcony for New Years
-Outside of the French Quarter we could still see the destruction and water damage from Katrina
-Saw a improv comedy show where they made fun of us, predominately for being Canadian
-Ate shrimp everyday although most of the time is was deep fried
-Had amazing travel companions!!
-Trip Causalities: My voice, JennB's chin

1 comment:

JennB said...

It was such a great trip!!!