Sunday 8 August 2010

LIVE UPDATE - # 13

I have 24 people who I am sending postcards to. Some people only once, others are going to get a couple. I have done a few big mailouts, writing a whole bunch of them at once, and then taking them all to the post office to send off. I hope people start receiving some soon. (I will be home in less than a month, and it is always nice to get them when the person is still away.) I'm writing this update to let you know that I'm about to get on the train to head into Russia and will be there for pretty much the rest of August. I have been told that the Russian Postal Service is terrible. Our guide sent a postcard to France from Moscow and it got to her father 5 months later (it confused him alot since she was in the middle east at the time and no longer even in Russia.) I think this is just because Russia might not be really big fans of the French but I have heard that the mail takes 3 to 6 months to arrive to North America. So look out for those Russian postcards but you might not get them until the fall.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I got the one you sent while in Canada...I got it a while ago actually.

Anonymous said...

I got your postcard from Alberta! Awesome. Looks like you're having a great time. Can't wait to see the pics when you get back!

Love, T