Monday 16 August 2010

Guest Writer - Fears - Teri

From Teri Osmond:

Deep Water

Over the past few years I have come to realize that my biggest fear is the depths of the ocean. Every time I take a ferry, go snorkeling, or even swimming across the lake at my cottage, I breathe a sigh of relief when I am back on land or in water where the bottom is visible. The thought of not knowing what is lurking below me or how far away the nearest land is scares me more than anything.

I have no idea where this fear originates. It might have something to do with the fact that Jaws was the first horror movie I ever saw (if you don’t count Ernest Scared Stupid, which is actually quite frightening.) It might be that fear of the unknown, since huge parts of the oceans are still undiscovered. It might be the high disappearance rate on cruise ships. Whatever the reasons, you will never find me scuba diving, on a cruise, or in a submarine.

No comments: