Tuesday 20 July 2010

Wanting To Come Too - Kate & Friends

This is a big trip and I'm doing some pretty big chunks of it alone. Partly because they don't want me to feel lonely and partly because they wish they could come along, Kate arranged it so that I could 'bring my friends along with me.' She got photos of everyone (some are quite funny, great memories) and made them into pins. This was a perfect idea since the guidebooks on the Trans-Siberian say that bringing cards and pictures of friends and family are great ways to break the ice, especially with people who don't speak English. I have them packed in a pouch to travel with, though I break them out to show people and take pictures. Here they all are - chillin' on my cowboy hat on Anne's bed in Calgary:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That was really nice of her. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh come on, didn't you take them to the rodeo with you? Wanted to keep all the cute cowboys to yourself?
Mum

Anonymous said...

Ouch, my button got left out :(

Teri