Sunday 4 July 2010

Thank You Wii

I came home and did a little test on the Wii Fit. I had first started using it right after we gave the Wii to my mom for Christmas. I tend to go on it every time I'm home and it is never happy with my progress. However a couple of weeks ago, when I first came back to Paris I stepped on the Wii Fit Board to be measured (BMI) and weighed, I discovered that I was down a lot from the last time. I had set a personal goal to loose 5 lbs in the first two weeks I was home, the deadline being this past Friday. I decided to program that into the Wii, though since it is in kg I said 2.5kg and since I was setting the goal a few days later on the Wii than I had in my head the two week time frame ends on Wednesday June 7th. I went on the Wii quickly this morning to see how my progress is going and I'm 0.6kg away from meeting my goal. The most exciting thing though is that for the first time, this morning, the BMI index moved from Obese to Overweight. (Now, I think BMI is total crap and should have moved down a while back but I will take the compliment!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well done keep up the great work love dad

Anonymous said...

I think its highly ironic that a video game consol is labelling people in our generation "obsese" or "overweight."
Just saying.

Love, T.