Thursday 22 July 2010

Guest Writer - My City - Teri

From Teri Osmond:

Toronto

I hate waiting for the streetcar and having no idea whether it will show up in 2 minutes or 20 minutes.
I love making cars wait for me as I exit the streetcar and walk to the sidewalk.

I hate that it can take half an hour to drive less than 5 kilometres.
I love being able to take the subway and not worry about traffic.

I hate the high cost of rent.
I love the range of different, distinct areas to live in the city.

I hate the number of over-priced restaurants.
I love discovering one of the city’s many great, unique restaurants by chance.

I hate the smog and pollution.
I love the many ‘hidden’ parks and ravines.

I hate the aggressive, angry drivers downtown.
I love walking around the city.

I hate being approached by people on the streets looking for donations or trying to sell me something.
I love the countless festivals, galleries, and free events – especially in the summer.

No comments: