Thursday 15 July 2010

Guest Writer - Blogging - Steph

From Stephanie Beach, writer of The Great Abyss

Nothing to Say

I am not an English student nor do I travel or read on a regular basis. I am not a stay at home mom or an entrepreneur and my thoughts and opinions are neither controversial nor original. To be honest, I have nothing of great interest to say and my daily life isn’t that noteworthy. That being said, I have not one but three blogs.

I started my first blog, The Great Abyss in July of 2006 and have been publishing posts there ever since. It mostly consists of stories of my day-to-day life and random things I find on the internet. There are a few semi-regular features on this blog including, but not limited to, How-To Tuesdays and Way Back Whenesdays.

My second blog was started in December of 2007 and is entitled The Road to a Better Me. This blog was started in an attempt to motivate myself with respect to my weight loss. It is the blog I post the least frequently on, often just making the one month rule that Chris has instated for her blog links. It has one feature called Tasty Tuesdays where I post yummy recipes.

My third blog is my photography blog entitled Stephanie Beach Photography which was started in April of 2008. This was started as I wanted a dedicated place to publish my photos. I was looking to start getting my name out there as a photographer and thought this might be a good starting point.

In general I blog because it is a way I can be creative, though my writing skills are definitely lacking and apparently I am not creative enough to draw a larger audience. I blog because it makes me happy.

No comments: