Monday 28 June 2010

Via Showing Up Greyhound

Normally the bus is much much cheaper than the train. From Ottawa sometimes flying to Hamilton or Toronto is a better deal than taking Via. This has been the case for so long that I sometimes don't even check their website when I'm planning a trip. I needed to get into Toronto either late Sunday or early Monday so figured I might as well see what the train and bus prices were from Brantford. Well, it turns out for this short a trip, the train is a great deal and much much faster. (I am on the train right now actually.) It used to be that only the first class area, Via 1, had wifi but now it seems that the whole train, and all the stations, have free access. This is great since I have been at the cottage and unable to check the internet. Via is winning my favour and when I move to Toronto I will remember to always check out their website when planning a trip home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK the train may be the way to go to stay connected, though you also discovered that "you can't get there from here" when it comes to Pt Dover, Port Rowan, Simcoe, Delhi etc and Toronto.
Mum