Monday 21 June 2010

A Morning In Paris

*Compare with this previous post which could have been given the same title... though is not the same place at all....

Normally I really don't like being home, Paris makes me feel very uneasy. However, since I am here for the next month I have decided to make the most of it. I have been at the cottage all weekend so this was really my first morning back in town. It was awesome!! My dad woke me up on his way to work and I lay in bed reading for an hour or so - didn't really have anywhere I needed to be, except meeting Teri at 10am for a run.

Went to go and check the time and sure enough it was almost 10am. I called Teri to tell her I was coming over then dug through all my stuff looking for my running shoes. Put my contacts in, put sunscreen on, and headed out the backdoor onto the deck. During the 5 second walk that it takes to go across the backyard and up the side of the house to the street, I encountered 6 different types of birds hopping around the small pond we have, and about 12 very fat squirrels running, or should I say waddling, around. I then started the walk to Teri's house.

Teri and I have lived on opposite sides of the main street in Paris, the not-even-double-lane Grand River Street North, for the entire length of our almost 20 year friendship. I have always thought the walk over to her place was very long. When I was young I would beg my parents to drive me or come pick me up. I would often bike or rollerblade. In high school I would take my car. Teri lives about 4 blocks away, and these are not city blocks, I swear this is about a 2 minute walk. A very nice, very pretty, 2 minute walk.

Teri and I took another 2 minute walk to our old high school. We both live ridiculously close to PDHS but when we were in high school sometimes we drove, it is just crazy. The tennis courts have all be redone, which is very nice, and Ter informed me that a family membership with 24 hour key access to them is only $10 for the year! We made our way down to the weed-overgrown sand track around the football/soccer field.

Then we ran. I made it 5 times around the track, which is a total of 2km!! I only had to stop occasionally for a quick drink of water. It was a beautiful sunny day with a light breeze that kept the heat from being unbearable. Teri is much better runner, so was able to chat a bit during our jog, which makes things much more fun and interesting. Panting heavily we walked back together for a while in the shade before splitting in different directions to go to our houses.

Once home I did some cool down stretches on the grass in the back yard, underneath my mom's very impressive vine archway. It felt very work-out video like. I finished up the stretches inside on the living room carpet. Sitting in the sun coming through the large lead windows, since I hadn't wanted to sit down in the grass as it was a tad damp.

I hadn't eaten yet so went into the kitchen to see if I could find something that fit with my diet. I did up an egg in the frying pan and had it with cheese on a whole wheat english muffin. Just delicious!! I cooked two more eggs to have in the chicken friend rice that I'm making for dinner and pulled some chicken out of the freezer to defrost. I guess it is time to figure out what I'm doing this afternoon...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds like a pretty good diet! I love "egg muffins" and fried rice. I'll have to get you to show me how to make fried rice sometime.

I forgot to stretch after our run...tomorrow could be interesting

Teri

JennB said...

Look at you, cooking like a pro!