Thursday 10 June 2010

Celebrity Sighting

This morning I saw Jack Layton, again!! The first time was many years ago; I was on a bus and saw him and his wife (Olivia Chow, also a politician) biking together in the Glebe. The bus went past them, and vice versa, many times up Bank Street and I really wanted to jump out and tell him how awesome I think he is. The second time was last summer on a run with Ottawa Erin, a group of three guys biking, in spandex, went past us. After which I confirmed with Erin, one had been Jack Layton. So, yes, this is the third time I have seen him in Ottawa. I never see celebrities randomly on the street, accept for Jack. This morning he was walking down Spark Street with a young women and he was talking on a cell phone. I passed him on my way into work. I told JennD as soon as I got in and she said she had seen him too on her way in. It made my day, what a perfect thing to happen during my last month in Ottawa. I love Jack Layton, and he was looking good!!

4 comments:

Jannedals said...

hahahahaha our honorary degree receiver was a former NDP leader, and the guy next to me said "I can't wait 'til we give one to Jack Layton's mustache!"
I...think I may have been a little raucous after that hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Jack Layton reminds me of a used car salesman.
A.

Anonymous said...

hahaha ok, now I think you're stalking him....

Teri

Erin said...

Why, oh why, is this post tagged with "Hot Boys"? And did he look his usual "Toronto Gay"?