Friday 7 May 2010

I'll Never Quit Facebook

10 Reasons You'll Never Quit Facebook
(Even If You Think You Want To)

1. You're not going to go back to waiting an hour to send an email to 30 people with 40 photos.
(Photo sharing is one of my top reasons for having a Facebook account. Also, it keeps, be it a shitty quality, version of all my photos in case of a totally computer and external hard drive crash.)

2. How will you remember anybody's birthday?
(Hey, I have a planner!)

3. How will you stalk your college boyfriend's new fiance?
(Umm, this is sadly true. So true! I love the stalking aspect of Facebook.)

4. Without Facebook what are you going to do when you don't have a friend's email address or phone number? Facebook messaging blows. But at least you know you can reach anybody who has a Facebook account.
(I have recently realised that I have friends who's only contact information I have is Facebook. Seriously, people I consider really close friends actually! I am now trying to get e-mail address and phone numbers for them, because it is just sad.)

5. Forget Facebook. 80 million of you are addicted to Zygna's Facebook game, FarmVille.
(I do not play FarmVille, or CafeWhatever, or MafiaThingy, etc. I have absolutely no features attached to my Facebook. Yet, am addicted and on it 20 times a day anyways.)

6. It takes 2 seconds to "join" a new site through Facebook Connect. It can take a good 10 minutes doing it the old way. (Care to subscribe to these magazines?)
(I don't really understand this point, but I am a follower of a couple of pages on Facebook, mostly SNL related, and I love the updates.)

7. How will you hear about parties? How will you remember where and when those parties are? Evite?
(If you aren't on Facebook - you will miss out on parties/events. As someone who often hosts people at Die Höhle, I know how annoying it is to try to remember to tell the people who don't have Facebook. Often I forget.)

8. You don't care about Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg's sometimes sketchy past.
(He has a sketchy past? Didn't he go to Harvard? Oh, well, yeah, this is true too, I don't care.)

9. Sure, Facebook has privacy issues, but you don't care about privacy anymore. Remember when you wouldn't use your real name on the Internet?
(Yes I do, and not say where you are from. That is where "Chrisbinx" came from, and I remember being scared that the "Chris" part was in there. Now my full name is everywhere, even at the bottom of this post.)

10. You've never quit before. Remember News Feed? Beacon? You didn't quit then and won't now, either. Not even if you want to.
(Facebook does tons of things that piss me off, but I never leave. I think I was able to shut down my wall for an hour before I caved and put it back up. I won't quit.)
-
Original list by Nicholas Carlson - Business Insider

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are soo true.

Unknown said...

So true.