Tuesday 9 March 2010

Someone Wants Me

I just got an e-mail from Ryerson about my application to their Literatures of Modernity program and I got in!! Here is what it said:

I am writing to inform you that the graduate admissions committee was impressed by your application and that we hope you will join our program in September. A formal letter of offer has been mailed to you, but I just wanted to contact you directly with the good news. Your letter will contain the details of a funding offer, which I would like here to summarize briefly. We are pleased to offer you a minimum package of $8,000 in funding, in the form of one graduate teaching/marking assistantship (approx $5000) and one research assistantship (approx $3000). Again, this is a guaranteed minimum; if more funds become available to us, we may be able to increase the amount of your offer.

I'm happy with the funding but that isn't a lot to live on for a year in Toronto, especially if it is needed to cover tuition as well. (I will have to look at the official letter to see what the tuition is.) However, there is still a chance that I will get the OGC (Ontario Graduate Scholarship) I applied for. I need to wait to see if I get into Uof T before I accept this one. I don't know which one I want to do more.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG THAT'S AMAZING!!!!! CONGRATS!!! <3

Deborah said...

Congratulations, Christine! Hope the rest of it comes together for you.

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Anonymous said...

Great, great news!! Well done.
Mum

Kristen said...

I am so excited for you! And so excited that we will be in the same city soon!!!!! But sometimes they cover the tuition as well as the $8000. I think they did that for Maya, not positive though. But congrats! This is so exciting.

Jannedals said...

I can't believe my mother congratulated you before I did. Good lord. At any rate, you know I mean my congratulatory remarks even more!!!! WELL DONE! That is so totally awesome!!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!!!! Wow I don't go on your blog for like 3 days and there are like 5 new posts!!

I've been MIA on the Internet this week due to planning. But its March break now!!!!!!

JJ said...

I'm late, but congrats Chris.