Friday 5 February 2010

I Lost A Little Lustre

I just read a really interesting article by Martha Irvine called Is blogging losing its lustre with youth? It made me a little sad. It isn't that I think Always Standing is the only blog out there but I didn't think it was as popular as roughly one in 10 online adults maintain a blog!! I guess as I watched my friends one by one start blogging I knew that my hobby wasn't that special. (See My Links on Right.) I still don't have Twitter, though I'm sure at some point I will cave just like I did with Facebook. I always thought that since blogging was a more long-form type of writing that me putting effort in to do it was a little out of the ordinary. I guess not.

5 comments:

Curly Jenn said...

First of all, don't feel sad! The article may offer that (probably inflated) stat, but it doesn't mention how so few people manage to stick with blogging as long as you have, or be so loyal and post as much as you do. So cheer up buttercup and be proud of all your thousand posts!

Deborah said...

Christine, it's not the fact of your blogging that makes you unique, it's the way you do it. And that isn't the least bit affected by the 10 million or so other bloggers out there.

Jannedals said...

that was very nice debs
I would like to second both comments, and add that I absolutely detest the concept of Twitter. People who twitter have forgotten how to live.

Unknown said...

I agree with ALL of the above comments. Yours is the only blog I follow :)

Erin said...

I agree with all comments, besides of course the pyramid scheme one telling me how I can make money at home (which I assume you will delete soon). I love the "People who twitter have forgotten how to live" quote, and I very much agree. In short, Chris we all read your blog fairly often (I sometimes sit at home refreshing every hour or so to see if something new has come up) because it offers something we just can't get anywhere else. You.