Wednesday 24 June 2009

Hot

Today will be hot. I feel that is almost an understatement. It is early and already hot and humid. The weather report is saying that tonight humidity will be 83%, I don't even know what that means but it can't be good. This afternoon the temperature will climb to 30 degrees Celsius though will feel like an even hotter 34. It all reminds me of Robin Williams in Good Morning Vietnam: "Hey, uh, hi, can you help me? -- What's your name? -- My name's Roosevelt E. Roosevelt. -- Roosevelt, what town are you stationed in? -- I'm stationed in Poontang. -- Well, thank you, Roosevelt. What's the weather like out there? -- It's hot. Damn hot! Real hot! Hottest things is my shorts. I could cook things in it. A little crotch pot cooking. -- Well, can you tell me what it feels like? -- Fool, it's hot! I told you, damn! Were you born on the sun? It's damn hot! I saw... It's so damn hot, I saw little guys, their orange robes burst into flames. It's that hot! Do you know what I'm talking about?"

No comments: